Invisalign clear braces are an innovative orthodontic treatment that straightens teeth to produce a beautiful smile. The Invisalign system does not use metal braces. Instead, patients wear custom-made, clear aligners that gently straighten teeth and move them into the proper position. Invisalign is a common choice for adults because they are almost invisible. If you are thinking about getting these teeth straightening aligners, there are certain things you need to know about them first.
Things That You Should Know About Invisalign Clear Braces
- They are more comfortable than traditional braces. This unique orthodontic system has no brackets, wires, or other metal parts, so you do not have to worry about pain, discomfort, and cuts in your mouth. Invisalign aligners are soft and do not irritate your mouth. They also do not have any sharp edges, so you might even forget at some point that you have them in your mouth.
- You can remove them when necessary. Aligners can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing. It allows you to enjoy food, maintain proper oral hygiene, and decrease the risk of developing cavities, gum disease, or other oral problems.
- They cost more than other orthodontic options. The cost of Invisalign will depend on your treatment plan. The good news is that many dental offices offer convenient payment plans that make Invisalign treatment more affordable.
- They offer faster results. Usually, Invisalign Clear Braces exhibit results between 6 and 18 months, depending on the severity of a case. It is much quicker than metal braces, which can take almost two years in many cases.
- You can whiten while straightening your teeth with Invisalign. Since you can remove your braces briefly during the day, you can get teeth whitening. However, it is recommended to do whitening at a dentist’s office rather than at home by yourself.
- You will get used to Invisalign very quickly. Yes, you may feel a slight discomfort at the beginning. Yet, after a while, you will get used to them. It actually takes only a few days for most people. That is because these custom-made trays fit perfectly and are smooth and soft.
- You may sound different at first. Sometimes, aligners affect your speech. Sometimes it is noticeable, but in most cases, other people do not notice these changes. Regardless, the adjustment period is usually very short and takes up to a few weeks. If your lisp is not going away after several weeks of treatment, talk to your dentist about it.
Invisalign Clear braces in Omaha, Nebraska – Get Your Beautiful and Charming Smile At Our Practice
If you are going into orthodontic treatment, you should have the right expectations and ensure you will have a great experience by wearing your aligners. If you are looking for a reliable dental office in Omaha, Nebraska, or any other nearby area, contact Innovative Dental Care. We offer Invisalign and other dental treatments and services, including preventative dental care, tooth replacement, children’s dentistry, and others.
If you are interested in scheduling your first appointment, feel free to call us at (402) 507-5805. We welcome individuals and families in Omaha, Nebraska, and other surrounding areas.