Restore your Smile with CEREC Same-day Crowns
When other dental practices provide patients with porcelain restorations such as veneers and crowns, they often require patients to schedule multiple appointments and, in-between, use a temporary restoration until the final one comes in from the dental laboratory. At Innovative Dental Care, we understand that our patients have busy lifestyles and want to make restorative dental work faster and more convenient. That includes offering one-visit crowns, veneers, and bridges at our Omaha, Nebraska practice.
What is One-visit Dentistry or Same-day Crowns?
Same-day or one-visit dentistry means that patients can have dental restorations planned, prepared, and placed during a single appointment at Innovative Dental Care. That is highly desirable for our patients because it saves time and money and eliminates patients having to return to have a temporary restoration removed. Restorations are created in the office by taking digital impressions of the prepared teeth and designing them with CAD/CAM software. This digital image is then processed by our CEREC machine, which mills the final restoration out of a block of porcelain—all while patients wait in the chair! Same-day crowns have entirely changed the process required for fabricating and placing dental restorations and continue to be a popular option for our patients.
What can I expect during my CEREC one-visit dentistry appointment?
- Diagnosis. First, our team will diagnose the patient’s unique situation to determine if a dental restoration can help restore the tooth.
- Preparation. Second, the tooth is prepared depending on the restoration being placed.
- Imaging. Third, digital impressions are taken by the CAD/CAM software.
- Creation. Fourth, with these digital images, the CEREC system creates the restoration right in the office in less than 15 minutes!
- Placement. Fifth, the dentist bonds the new restoration onto the prepared tooth to complete the process.
Learn about the advantages of same-day crowns!
Suppose you reside in the area of Omaha, NE, or the surrounding communities and need dental restorations. In that case, we strongly encourage you to book an appointment with Dr. Summer Gutschow and the Innovative Dental Care team to discuss your options. We welcome new and existing patients to call us at (402) 507-5805 to schedule a consultation.